BOOTLEG DOWNLOAD- JoCo - Live at the Guthrie Theater [10/26/09] (Soundboard & Audience Mix!)

edited June 2016 in JoCo Music
Jonathan Coulton
Guthrie Theater
October 26, 2009

Soundboard+Audience> Zoom H4 Handy Recorder> Audacity> Fission> XLD

1 [Intro]
2 Betty and Me
3 Ikea
4 Shop Vac
5 Code Monkey
6 Dance, Soterios Johnson, Dance
7 Better
8 Curl*
9 Big Bad World One*
10 Space Doggity*
11 Dead^*
12 [Falling Over With Wacky Face]*
13 Blue Sunny Day*
14 [Bus Plunge!]*
15 Creepy Doll*
16 [Guitar Plunge/New Plan]
17 Mr. Fancy Pants
18 The Future Soon
19 Skullcrusher Mountain
20 Still Alive
21 Mandelbrot Set
22 A Talk With George
23 [Zombie Practice]
24 Re: Your Brains
25 [Encore]
26 Always the Moon*
27 I Feel Fantastic*
28 [Goodnight/Outro]

* with Paul & Storm
^ They Might Be Giants cover

Uploaded for the JoCo Forums October 28, 2009

Notes: Holy snap, this has to have been my favorite of the three JoCo shows I've attended! Not only was the set well-rounded, but he played my requests, the banter was fantastic, and this is easily the best recording so far. I recorded both from the soundboard and the built in mics on the Zoom H4 in order to get a good mix. It sounds amazing, and now you can hear everyone on the audience participation! Super-mondo-hugantic thanks to Paul (the sound guy!) for going above-and-beyond the call of duty not only allowing me to record from the board, but even making sure it sounded great. And of course, last but not least, super thanks to JoCo, Paul, & Storm, for letting me record and upload these things.

Recorded, Mixed, and Prepared by fireworksordie

Extra notes: Per my request, Paul the sound guy mixed Paul to the left and Storm to the right during JoCo's set. I think it sounds cooler/realistic-er that way.
I also have a recording of the sound check before the show, which I will upload later. As well as Paul & Storm's set. And that is a promise- one of these weekends I will pump out all 3 Paul & Storm sets I have lying around (the 2 from Park West and this one). Promise!

Pictures and picture of the setlist will come soon. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Also: FLACs may come later, if requested.

Comments

• You've done it again, fireworksordie. Fabulous!
  • Hi, yes, please upload the flacs when you get a chance. Thanks for taping!
  • Hooray! Thanks, Fireworksordie!
  • Thank you!!! That was the first JoCo concert I've been able to go to and since then I've been wishing I had a video of it so I could watch it again. This is the next best thing. ^_^
  • Great job on that recording Fireworksordie!
    Fantastic blend on the sound between audience and soundboard.
    I think this is my new favorite live show yet.
  • any possibility of the P&S set as well?
  • With the kind permission of Fireworksordie I’ve recut this concert audio to make it more shuffle friendly.
    I’m mentioned before how one of my problems with live shows is that I usually only listen to them straight through once or twice but most of the time I listen as they pop up on my ipod set on shuffle. So, what happens is, I get into the banter at the end of the song which will often end with something like, "here's a song about a doll that is creepy" then it'll shuffle to the next song which on my ipod could be just about anything, and it's usually pretty jarring. So, the way I cut it, most of the banter that relates to the song is at the start of the track. Also, for the same reason, I don’t have any banter only tracks because those are weird when they pop up on shuffle too.
    The caveats are, that this might make some of the tracks too long for some peoples liking (Brains is nearly 9 1/2 minutes) and also I didn’t work from lossless tracks so sensitive ears might notice a bit of degradation (but I doubt it).
    The Shuffle Friendly version can be found here.
  • Just another poke for the P&S sets and FLACs, but great work nonetheless!
  • Here are a couple videos I could find of the "Bus Plunge" banter before Creepy Doll, albeit that the sound is not very good and they don't capture the whole thing:
    some banter + Creepy Doll
    just banter, but better sound
  • My hero! I find a little audience sound sweetens the mix. THANKS!
  • Hey there Fireworksordie...  did you ever upload the Paul and Storm set from this show?  I thought you did, but I don't have it, and unfortunately the search function on this forum is useless now. 

If you haven't uploaded their set, any chance you could, pretty-please?  :)
  • Pretty Frickin epic my friend. Having chased the JoCo ship out of the port metaphorically speaking, these things are as close to a gig as I have been able to get. This is one of the better quality ones I have so far listened to so in a very direct way, you have increased my enjoyment of JoCo. It now goes all the way to 11.