38 Re: Your Brains
39 [Encore & George]
40 A Talk With George
41 Tom Cruise Crazy
42 Sweet Caroline^

* with Paul & Storm
^ Neil Diamond cover

Uploaded for the JoCo Forums October 15, 2009

Notes: I couldn't make it to this show, but I LUV CALI gladly volunteered to record this one and send it my way! Big thanks to her for getting this wonderful show recorded, and for doing it so fantastically on such short notice. Also, thanks to the gang at Park West for letting her plug in to the board and again to Jonathan and Paul & Storm for letting us record the show!

Recorded by I LUV CALI
Mastered and Prepared by fireworksordie

===================================
Just the Flood set:
File Name: JoCoPaStoFloodatParkWest.zip
Size: 105MB
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pb170r

JoCo's whole set (including Flood):
File Name: JoCoPaStoLiveatParkWest101009.zip
Size: 161MB
http://www.sendspace.com/file/srso0y

Paul & Storm's set is coming soon, hopefully this weekend (along with the Feb Park West Paul & Storm set which I never did put up...)
FLACs will be up eventually also.

Enjoy!

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Awesome!
    Thank You Fireworksordie and I LUV CALI!
    What a great forum member collaboration to get this done.

eta: track 19 s/b They Might Be Giants.
  • HOORAY for fireworksordie & I LUV CALI!!
  • edited October 2009
    Awesome, I like covers of and by TMBG better than TMBG singing their own songs, I can't wait to get home and download this. :)

ETA: Also, if I recall correctly, people have recommended Flood to me but I couldn't find a way to buy (digitally) that particular album here, so this'll be a good substitute.
  • Listening now. So fn awesome!!! Thanks guys! Sound is great. I'm struck by the low level of crowd noise. Conditioned by the multitude of fan videos to expect to hear every comment and weird laugh as loud as the music.
  • @tfrooney check out the bootleg thread for fireworksordie's other chicago soundboard recordings.
  • These sound great! Thank you CALI and fireworksordie.
  • Sounds like Jon's voice was starting to go out by the end.
  • My pleasure to contribute. Good job fireworksordie *high-five* !!!! I have been listening to it all week but did not want to rub it in without everyone having access. ha. It just gets better and better each listen. Paul belting out tarzan style on Istanbul is a favorite moment... as well as the minimum wage verbal scramble. So many to list....
  • Those of you who tweet should consider tweeting this recording out to the world... might bring in some new people to the forums, and some new fans to JoCo (TMBG fans who aren't familiar with JoCo, if such people exist...).

I've only listened through once, but the ones that really grabbed me were Istanbul (amazing!) and Dead.
  • I considered tweeting it or perhaps posting about it as a comment in JoCo's last blog post. But I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't like the idea of a bunch of folks coming in here to grab something cool, not contributing to our community and then leaving never to be seen again. Personally I'd rather they come for the company and then discover we have cookies too.
    Opinions?
  • I think you put it out there to as many people as possible, knowing that a lot of people will grab it and not contribute, but some will stick around and make it worthwhile, or go check out the rest of the music available on jonathancoulton.com, and become fans.

Isn't that how JoCo has managed his entire career?
  • There are COOKIES?! Why wasn't I told? WHERE ARE MY COOKIES?!
  • [sleaze]
    I got yer cookies right here!
    [/sleaze]
  • The cookies are a lie.
  • edited October 2009
    Awesome job, thanks so much for the recordings Fireworksordie and I LUV CALI. It's really great that I LUV CALI stepped up to the plate when Fireworksordie couldn't make the concert.

I like most of the covers, though I'm not too familiar with most of the album as I've only heard the non-super famous songs a couple of times. A good way to get more familiar with it, I suppose. I do like what I hear.
  • I guess you are right Jmonkee. Cookies for everyone!
  • Ya sharing is what JoColand is all about so why stop? Sharing somehow makes the cow poop.... a lot!!!!

Thanks Encubed. I was so damn scared that I would screw it up. The soundboard guy asked me if I was a friend or a super-fan. I laughed at the term super-fan but who else would be recording a show like that? Anyway, you would have thought that I was performing Flood solo the way I was nervous. So fun though.

I will go tweet.....
  • edited October 2009
    So I've listened to the Flood show a couple more times, and I can't tell you how impressed I am with those guys. I was expecting a fun but error filled performance, with a few trademark JoCo forgotten lyrics, cursing himself, starts and stops, etc. After all, they'd hardly rehearsed at all. Instead, that sounded like they'd been performing Flood for years! Seriously I would think TMBG themselves would be honored by that perfomance.

I'm curious if other people feel that way, especially any hard-core TMBG fans.
  • I know Jmonkee!!!! YES!!! I consider myself a hardcore TMBG fan and am very impressed. That just further shows what great performers and musicians/singers they really are.... what excites me is their willingness to play and experiment. As long as they keep making money, then we will see more and more awesome. win/win
  • I think certainly a large factor to the lack of mistakes with little practice is due to the fact they love this album and have done for years. It would be like one of us lot playing JoCo it wouldn't take much practice (being as good a musician as JoCo is) to get it down. I bet he pretty much knew all the words before they even decided to do the show.
  • Yeah, it's like how I think we know the lyrics to JoCo's catalog better than he does because we've listened to it so much. I bet JoCo and P&S have heard Flood way many more times than they've heard their own recordings.

Also, I just want to say that this partially makes up for not getting a new JoCo song in the summer.
  • In the last Paul and Storm podcast, Paul mentioned how he was not as familiar with the material as either Storm or Jon. Only having heard the hits like Istanbul and Birdhouse.
  • Angelastic- if you go to the Annapolis show on Dec 4 I will save you out a cookie or two from the plate load I always bring to the guys. Or you can ask that they save one for you...nah, no way rice krispies treats will be allowed to go uneaten that long. JoCo likes them too much.
  • Fireworksordie can you tell how many times it's been downloaded? I tweeted about this last friday and noticed it got RT'ed at least 3 times from names I didn't recognize.
  • It looks like I can't :-/
    I thought it used to say "this file has been downloaded x times", but I don't see it!
  • How is the P&S set coming along?
  • How is the P&S set coming along?
    The link will be posted in this thread, right?
  • Yes. Like I said in the latest bootleg post, I promise I will get these P&S sets up, it just may not be right away.
  • Very nice! Thanks to both of you for taking the time making the effort to record the show. Also many thanks for offering to make the lossless flac tracks available. I know the larger upload sucks, but for archival purposes flac is the right thing to do.
  • I recorded (almost) the entire show. Hopefully somebody with time and talent can sync the audio to my video and there will be a fancy shmancy archival copy of this wondrous occasion.
  • howdy all,

just found these forums after some google searching - am a big JoCo and TMBG fan and the thought of JoCo PERFORMING TMBG was just too much awesomeness to pass up. I had a question about the bootleg file in this thread... I downloaded it, but when I try to extract the mp3s it tells me I need a password... help!

thanks to all the folks who put this together, btw!
  • I have no idea why they would be password protected, but I've removed the special characters from the filenames of the songs (sometimes the program extracting them throws a fit because of weird characters) and re-zipped and uploaded them:

Just Flood
    Whole Show

I hope these work better for you! Let me know if you have success.
  • awesome, that worked - thanks a ton, it sounds amazing! :> guess the ol' default windows zip program fails at special characters...
  • I've been listening to this so much, thanks again!

Has the Paul and Storm set been uploaded anywhere yet? Getting excited :D
  • Heh, looks like no upload of the P&S songs...

Curious, though, was this show recorded anywhere? Specifically the P&S "Frogger" song? Paul serenaded my girlfriend, so it'd be neat to see that again
  • Looks that way, but maybe it just takes a long time
  • Sorry guys, I've been pretty bad about this. Lots of schoolwork stuff. If somebody wants to, I can upload the RAW P&S WAVs and then somebody else can chop them up. Let me know.
  • You are my hero. I have been dying to hear the FLOOD show. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
  • Not too shabby for a week's work. Salud, JoCoPaSto!
  • Could you upload the P&S somewhere? I can try chopping them if you do..
  • Came across this due to a link on the wiki, but the download no longer appears to work. If someone else could upload the show it would be appreciated but otherwise I'll have to remove the link.
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Free, you'll find a link to that show in the first post in the Bootleg Thread.

Feel free to edit the wiki with the correct link!
  • Thank you, and edited.