Jonathan Coulton in Bristol - 15/11/09

edited September 2009 in JoCo Music
Just bought my ticket for this. Its a 16+ event so im eligable ;)

Anybody else here going? See who I might expect?

Just to confirm for those going to the Bristol show, its at "The Tunnels".

I'll probs bring a video camera along if they allow it ;P

I CANT WAIT 2 MONTHS FOR THE SHOW... ARGH :'(

Suppose its worth the wait, as Spiff says to me ;P

Comments

• I am considering going. It does mean taking the following morning off work though to drive back home.
  • I always say, go to the one closest to you. Same artist ;P
  • but that would limit you to just one show.
    that's like limiting yourself to one...jaffa cake. it's the same biscuit yeah, but surely you want more than one.
  • i'd love to see JoCo many times. But im only 16. And my mum would only give me permission to see him once. ;P
  • Take mum with you for the earliest show you can. She will fall in love with JoCos shaggily handsomeness and want to go to the rest of the shows as well, and might just bring you along with her!
  • Jo. Few probs with that :(

1. She hates JoCo. She's heard his music... she thinks "WTF?"
    2. She hates bearded people... lol
    3. She doesn'y want to go all the way there and back
    4. She's disabled so she'd be groaning in pain a lot anyways since she has a leg ulcer

Im lucky im going to this one. My mum has asked my cousin to take me ;) But he's going home then coming back.
  • Hmmm, maybe the cousin can be worked on then...meanwhile, I am sorry about your mum's leg, constant pain is really wearing on a person.
  • My cousin just wants to spend time with his GF tbh. Don't think JoCo is perfect for him...

I just hope my ticket arrives safely in the mail. With the Bristol Postal strike and the amount of undelivered mail reaching 1,000,000 (one of which is my Phone Bag), i may not get them. What do I do if i dont? ;'(
  • Will call?

Anyway, JoCo would be perfect for your cousin's GF. There are all those songs about love and whatnot, excluding First of May.
  • She hates JoCo. She's heard his music... she thinks "WTF?"
    I think that sometimes too. But in a good way!
  • MY TICKET CAME... Didn't get lost in the post. It was the only mail that came today xD

Only thing is, the ticket says Over 18's, im 16. I emailed them the other day, they said its fine for 16+, as long as you have ID.

Im worried about that now.....
  • Don't be worried. Most of these tickets are done under a general template that simply has the artiste's name added.
    Its usually because the venues are licensed.
  • Just checked. It definitly is an 16+ show. They made a mistake on the tickets. The people at the door will be completely aware its a 16+ event also. ;)
  • There are all those songs about love and whatnot, excluding First of May.
    Why excluding? I think First of May could be considered a song of 'whatnot' ;-)
  • its the best song for love xD