Where is the Mandelbrot-Floyd tshirt???

edited September 2009 in JoCo Music
At the Symphony Space gig back in March, they were selling a black tshirt with a mandelbrot fractal refracting light as a parody of Dark Side of the Moon. The shirt is mentioned here: http://www.paulandstorm.com/archives/uk-tour-the-t-shirt/

I want to get another one, but I can't find it on the merch page of JoCo's site.

What's up?

Comments

• That was a shirt they made specifically for the UK tour and they said they'd never make it again. I think you're out of luck.
  • They were leftovers, I assume?
  • I've seen them selling at shows here in the US. I assume thery're just selling the leftovers and no more will be available after that (if they have any left at this point).
  • The ones they're selling at concerts now are a different run of shirts. The original run had the tour info on them. The new ones don't.

JC has had the latest ones for sale at five of the shows I've been to this year. So if you're going to a show some time soon, you'll probably be able to pick one up then.
  • There were actually VERY few Shirts for the UK.
    IIRC Kerrin had to make sure there were some left for the remainder of the *tour* after the Glasgow gig.
  • There were actually VERY few Shirts for the UK.
    That is very true. He ran out before the end of the tour of most sizes, I think there may have been a few XXL left. Jonathan was worried he would be left with loads at the end, so was a little cautous on the numbers he made, which was for the best as he already had to pay a huge fine for having his case twice the weight it was allowed on the way from Dublin to Glasgow. He almost certainly made a loss on those t-shirts as the profit on t-shirts is really low.

That t-shirt was really cool, I often get comments when I wear it, far more than the other JoCo shirts.
  • If the profit on the shirts is too low to justify sending them or bringing them over with him, do you suppose that JoCo could arrange with someone in Great Britain to get some made up over there? Find out the price of bulk printing and all? I dare say that there are places on that side of the puddle which make t-shirts, and if he was to choose a design just for the tour and get pre-orders then he wouldn't get stuck with too many for the trip home- just have an extra 10 of each size made to cover those who didn't know to pre-order.
  • I feel slightly less special now that I know you can get Mandelbrot Floyd T-shirts over there now. But only slightly.

On the subject of T-shirts, Arr we all ready with Paul and Storm Dejected Arr T-shirts for Talk Like A Pirate Day tomorrow?
  • do you suppose that JoCo could arrange with someone in Great Britain to get some made up over there?
    Jonathan got them printed in the UK last time, it was the Dublin to Glasgow flight that cost the money. Jonathan was very unlucky last year with merchandise costs. Even his CDs he posted to me got caught in customs and charges made. Had I not been on the ball, he wouldn't have even got them for the tour.