I'm Your Moon Dance Mix

edited July 2009 in JoCo Music
What do I do when I'm bored? Make a dance mix of I'm Your Moon.

Discuss.

-charlie

Comments

• Sounds like the normal song plus some echo/reverb and generic dance bass beat.

Not a huge fan personally, but I definitely give you props for an original take on it.
  • It also has some extra vocals.
  • I keep hoping someone will do a kickin' remix of "Re: Your Brains" so I'll have an excuse to make an updated video for it, since my first "Brains" video is my oldest and weakest.
  • edited July 2009
    Do a video for Re : Vos Cerveaux. Just make all the characters wear berets and hold baguettes.

ETA: Or a video for the Mandelbrot Set cover of Re: Your Brains
  • But only after finishing your current video, as well as BSD
  • Just listened, it's a pretty interesting take on the song and a good idea. I do think the song needs a heavier, somewhat pulsating beat to make it a bit more danceable. Also, the delayed, warped echo of the lyrics is a cool effect, if way overused. If you're looking to tweak the song at all, I would suggest using it in a bit more moderation.

If they played JoCo dance remixes at clubs I would probably go clubbing more often. Maybe one day? Though I'm sure you could get it played at a geeky convention's dance.
  • You can lead the geeks to a convention, but you can't make them dance.
  • edited July 2009
    You can lead the geeks to a convention, but you can't make them dance.
    I don't know about that: my friend took a trip to Blockparty/Notacon 2009 a couple months back and has proof.
    Here are some geeks dancing to some sweet Impulse Tracker music by Virt.
    (at least, I assume it's Impulse Tracker)
  • edited July 2009
    Uh, I've mostly been to anime conventions but the dances there are crazy popular. And I've definitely heard Still Alive remixes as part of the playlist. Too bad I got sick of Still Alive really quickly.
  • Cwblues: good effort. Thankfully you are re-constructing the song, and not just playing an extra drumbeat overtop of it. That can work to get people to dance to a song, but it doesn't constitute a "dance remix" Yours is a dance remix, hooray.
    -When filtering the vocals they're ending up distorted, and distorted filtered vocals are not good.
    -The EQs of some of the tracks are clobbering each other, so the final result ends up muddled as opposed to being clear.
    -Try to vary the drumbeat on your next effort.
    -When echoing vocals the echoes need to be quieter than the original vocal. Put more effects on the echoed vocals than on the original vocal track.
    -Don't over-use the Autotune on the vocals. Producers used to do that to fix a bad vocal track, now they do it because people are used to new singers having so little talent that they -have- to be heavily Autotuned. Over Autotuned vocals still sound like audio drech.

Encubed: I played the Still Alive remix at a con last year to end my DJ set and it totally floored them. Sadly, when I play the Never Gonna Give You Up remix this year I fear it may be a bit late-to-the-party ;) But it's only one song.
  • @M_Pony - Yeah, I don't have a very good filter plug in... Any suggestions (VST or RTAS)?

On a related note of dance remixes, has anybody here heard the song from Superstar KZ (Kazakhstan version of American Idol) Freestylo, and its AWESOME remix?

Charlie