How annoying? Apparently, very.

edited May 2009 in JoCo Music
I know there are many milestones in any artists career, but for a musician, making it to "The Annoying Music Show" might not be at the top of the list.

I've heard the latest TAMS (before broadcast - cause, well, I work "in the biz") and imagine my surprise when I heard one of JoCo's tunes in preview for an upcoming show.

I'm actually wondering if I should let people guess as to which one of JoCo's songs is coming up. Anyone care to guess? I can fill you all in soon and might try to email JoCo off the forums, just to let him know.

Let the rumor mill run wild.... ;)

Comments

• Re: your brains
  • Never heard of this program, but going off the name, I'm assuming it deals with annoying music (just a wild guess). Assuming it's a well-known JoCo song, I'm going to have to say The Future Soon, with extra-enhanced beepiness.
  • My guess is for "Mr. Fancy Pants."
  • Yeah, I'm gonna say Mr. Fancy Pants as the kind of song that one might find uber annoying. If it's among his lesser-known songs, I will say Podsafe Christmas Song.
  • never having heard of the show in question, i'm gonna guess 'take care of me'.
  • The only song I can think of that's close to annoying is Baby Got Back, so I'm going with that.

Well, Pizza Day is kind of annoying. But I doubt if that's it.
  • Maybe First of May was overpublicised enough (in the right circles) to become annoying on the day. Or maybe somebody is annoyed about the inaccuracies in Mandelbrot Set? Or could it be You Oughta Know?
  • Code Monkey
  • edited May 2009
    If it's a lesser known song: Resolutions. Or Jane and Joan (or is it Joan and Jane? I can never remember).

ETA: Neither. It's Sibling Rivalry, of course.
  • i suppose resolutions, maybe. or drive. those annoy coulton. (i'll admit drive is a little weird, but in today's postmodern world, who lets a little weirdness ruin something for them?)
  • How about Beds hurt my Booty or 25 or 64
  • You know what it could be? Big Dick Farts a Polka. Though I wouldn't be surprised if MaW had it.
  • I actually learned to like Drive, and Podsafe Christmas Song is one of my faves, except the Adam Curry parts. I just like the songs.
  • I always said he should've taken the beeps out!

(Kidding -- I actually don't notice the beeps.)
  • Depends what is meant by annoying.
    If it means a song that sticks in your head and you can't get it out, despite it only being a very short catchy tune....Mr Fancy Pants, other than that, I'm stumped. Annoying is not something I would say about any song by JoCo, his fans never shutting up about how awesome he is, that I could understand.
  • See You All In Hell?
  • resolutions and sibling rivalry both annoy me. i like drive okay though.
  • It's an unanswerable question. I know people who think "Code Monkey" is annoying.
  • W's Duty, Sibling Rivalry or See You All in Hell?

I usually skip over those when they come up.
  • I think Code Monkey as originally recorded is annoying. A lot of the live variants are really good though.
  • Didn't JoCo himself refer to Code Monkey as "chucka chucka chucka" when he linked to that GH video?
  • I will reveal, since it'll be on our public radio station this weekend,

Bacteria.

I'm sure JoCo will be happy to know so many of you think other songs are annoying. ;) hehe...

http://www.wbez.org/Program_AM.aspx is the website for the program, which mostly just says "go to the blog" which is at http://apps.wbez.org/blog/?cat=228

Oddly enough, while they previewed Bacteria in last weeks show, this weeks show, so far, isn't showing bacteria as the selection. They've been really all over the place with their production dates and schedule though, so perhaps one producer overrode another's decision.

If I knew I had the rights to provide the show I heard this on, I would.
  • Hey, you insult Bacteria you're insulting part of Creepy Doll.
  • Damn it I hoped it was going to be Rock and Roll Boy because I'm sorry JoCo, your other songs are great, but I can't stand that song. It reminds me of Aaron Carter.

Bacteria's a brilliant song! I love that song!