"First of May" in Sign Language!

edited May 2009 in JoCo Music
Hey everyone! In celebration of the First of May, I have put together a special ASL interpretation of JoCo's masterpiece, complete with backup signers and super HIGH quality. Check it out below...

"First of May" in Sign Language

I'm also working on getting the sign transcript posted on my JoCo Wiki User Page. Just got a few more papers and finals to finish up this semester. Stay tuned!

As always, I'll be working on more ASL songs in the coming weeks. Here's the upcoming list as it stands now (subject to change of course)...

"Mother's Day Song" by Paul and Storm
"Viva la Vida" by Coldplay
"Better" by JoCo
"Big Bad World One" by JoCo
"Skullcrusher Mountain" by JoCo
"Space Doggity" by JoCo

Comments

• Those backup signers were neither female nor nekkid (you never said they would be, but I was hoping). Personally, I don't think they added much to your presentation. ;)

However, your energy and facial expressions are great. Keep up the good work!
  • Well JoCo knows now.
  • edited May 2009
    @Spiff: Haha! I would've loved to get female backup signers. Next time, perhaps! Although the nekkid part might be a little harder to negotiate... ;)

@CoolJammer00 Yeah! I just saw the tweet (so cool!). I've emailed JoCo about signing with him at the Dallas show on May 13th, but haven't heard back yet.
  • I think I am in love...
  • Just in case y'all didn't see the news elsewhere, Kevin (the guy on the right) and I have been invited to sign "First of May" on-stage with JoCo at the May 13th Dallas show. I'm so freakin' excited! I'll be sure to post a video.
  • thats cool! I look foward to meeting you there.
  • I'm green with envy, but still happy for you. Bravo! :-)
  • Signing on stage!!! Fantastic!!!!
  • Bravo indeed!

I notice that when JoCo tweeted about this, he made the easy typo/reado/autoincorrection of calling your backup signers singers.
  • Woo Hoo! I can't wait to see it (on video)!
  • What is so wrong with calling his backup singers singers? They are just singing with their hands and faces instead of voices is all.
  • There isn't necessarily anything wrong with it if done deliberately with that thought in mind, but I assume it was done by accident because it's such an easy mistake to make. (And there's nothing wrong with making mistakes either... I just thought it was interesting.)
  • Hell, I'm getting to be on stage with him! He could call them pop tarts for all I care.
  • edited May 2009
    Hell, I'm getting to be on stage with him! He could call them pop tarts for all I care.
    Wait, are you trying to tell me that bringing the pop tarts isn't the only reason Paul and Storm are onstage?