Favorite Song Tourney Matchup #37 Space Doggity vs. Skullcrusher Mountain

edited April 2009 in JoCo Music
This is the last matchup of the second tier. No I really mean it this time.
I have to make this concession though. If Skullcrusher Mountain wins we will have a rematch with The Future Soon. Their first matchup was 4 months ago and I think enough time has passed that the possibility exists to see a different outcome. However, since we just did Matchup #36, I won't rematch that; so the best Space Doggity can hope for is 2nd place.
So here we go,
Favorite Song Tourney Matchup #37 Space Doggity vs. Skullcrusher Mountain
voting opens sunday and closes on friday.

eta: Skullcrusher wins it 24-14.

Comments

• I think we can just skip to Skullcrusher vs. The Future soon. Space Doggity is a wonderful song, but....it's Skullcrusher Mountain, man! (I don't actually think we should skip, I'm just being facetious)
  • Skullcrusher!!!
  • Skullcrusher!
  • I realy like Space Doggity, but ... SKULLCRUSHER!!!!!
  • Screw you all. :-p I'm kidding of course, but I'll be casting the one vote for Space Doggity. Love that song.
  • The TFS/Space Doggity, and now this match makes me sad...

Poor Laika
  • I think that this might be the most difficult choice I've had to make. Space Doggity has much more of an emotional effect on me than Skullcrusher, but then again Skullcrusher is classic JoCo masterpiece. Regardless of which one I go with I have a feeling that Skullcrusher is going to take this one so I think that might factor in to how my vote will go on this one.
  • I love both of them so much... Need to listen to them once more to be able to decide.

Okay, I've made my pick, and it is... Space Doggity. Sorry, Evil Genius, I love you, but right now I prefer Laika's company. :-)
  • Skullcrusher Mountain is almost certain to take this one, and it just might win my vote, but I am still slightly reluctant to kick Laika to the curb...
  • Poll now open. Closes on Friday.
  • First matchup in a while where I'm reluctantly voting for the overdog, which unfortunately does not mean "dog that is overhead".
  • Don't vote Skullcrusher just because you assume you're supposed to, folks. Stop and think about the songs before you do. Laika deserves your support! :)
  • edited April 2009
    space doggity is currently WINNING 3-2. course, this may just be because all the laikans have camped in the thread hitting refresh so they could all get their votes in at the outset, but who knows.
  • Laikans? lol...
    Underworld 13: Laikans vs. Ponkeys
  • First matchup in a while where I'm reluctantly voting for the overdog, which unfortunately does not mean "dog that is overhead".
    Once in a while, they go out of their way, to launch you a little.
  • *blinks* Space Doggity is STILL winning 6-5? This is madness!
  • No, this is justice
  • Maybe there are enough people who figured that Skullcrusher would just walk away with it that they've all tossed Doggity a pity vote and now Doggity's going to win. Skullcrusher needs your pity vote, people!
  • No, pity should not come into play. Laika is clearly superior to the evil genius.
  • SM is now taking it's rightful place as leader.

BTW, every time (i.e. in a JoCO context) that I read "Laika" (whose name I did not know beforehand), I mentally blend it with "Ikea" (which I had also not heard of before - or at least maybe only in passing). Therefore:

Long ago, in the Cold War,
    It all began with a missile named Thor,
    There were rockets and dogs and some plans for a satellite store.

Laikea (Laikea)
    Just some robots and dogs and a handful of spacemen,
    Laikea (Laikea)
    Selling satellites for cosmonauts and displaced men.
  • If just 8 more Doggity fans would speak up they could really make a difference.
  • We're all Doggity fans, brother. Unfortunately for Laika, we're bigger Skullcrusher fans as well...
  • Yes, you are right.
    Skullcrusher wins it 24-14.