RE: Your Brains and We Will Rock You...

edited April 2009 in JoCo Music
Sorry if someone brought this up already, but if you listen closely to Your Brains, you canhear the foot stomps and hand claps used in We Will Rock you. i just thought it was interesting.

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Sorry, but that's not possible. "We Will Rock You" uses hand claps from JoCo's fans that they recorded and sent in to him (I sent in mine), and WWRY was the last TAW song he did. So those hand claps didn't even exist when he made "Re: Your Brains".
  • That's what I was going to say, but then I thought that maybe werdthewerd was thinking about the hand claps and stomps from the original, not JoCo's cover. After all, claps are not that distinctive. But I can't remember whether the original actually has claps.
  • Yes the original has them, but I can't see JoCo 'borrowing' from copyrighted material.
  • Oh? ;-)
    </pedantic>
  • Counter
    http://www.jonathancoulton.com/2006/04/04/so-heres-a-poser/
    Plus CBP was a commissioned song, so he wouldn't do anything 'illegal', and how hard is it to make a clap and stamp noise over risking being sued?
  • Damn, now I want to hear 'Rock with the Tiger'.
  • Damn, now I want to hear 'Rock with the Tiger'.
    Now you know how I have felt for 3 years!
  • So why did he give up on the mashup? Besides it potentially not being very good, which is a good reason for a perfectionist like Jonathan. He's never had to worry about the other mashup before. Just get the rights, give it away for free and never charge for it or put it on CDs
  • No, the hand claps and stomps from his version of we will rock you... I am not imagining this...
  • How can you tell one handclap from another?
  • Especially when one handclap didn't exist before the derived work did? You troll!
  • I guess the implication is that JoCo is a filthy rotten liar who claimed to use our handclaps when in fact he used prerecorded ones, playing on our inability to tell one handclap from another. But then, if we can't tell one handclap from another, there's no way to tell that those particular ones are in RYB either.

You know what you can hear in Re Your Brains? The zombie chorus, quietly, from JoCo's headphones, in the Lead Vox source track.
  • Yeah. there's a lot of bleed over from track to track, but it's not usually a problem.