JoCo Setlist Info - 2009

edited March 2009 in JoCo Music
As of today, March 18, 2009: JoCo has played a total of 13 shows since the start of the year. If you're wondering what songs he likes to play live, I've got the answer!

(caveats: All info comes from the wiki, so it's certified to be as accurate as the wiki can make it. Also, I'm not counting appearances where he shows up and plays two or three songs... this is meant to show what his setlists are like at his concerts, where folks pay ~$25 to get in, and he stands there for a couple hours singing a bunch of songs... :)

Code Monkey 13
Mr Fancy Pants 13
Re: Your Brains 13
Skullcrusher Mountain 13
Creepy Doll 12
Space Doggity 12
Still Alive 11
The Presidents 11
Always the Moon 9
I Feel Fantastic 9
Shop Vac 9
Someone Is Crazy 9
Birdhouse In Your Soul 8
First of May 8
The Future Soon 8
A Talk With George 7
Better 7
Big Bad World One 7
Drinking With You 7
Not About You 7
Soft Rocked by Me 7
Tom Cruise Crazy 7
You Ruined Everything 7
Curl 6
Millionaire Girlfriend 6
Betty and Me 4
I Crush Everything 4
Ikea 4
Mandelbrot Set 4
My Monkey 4
The Saturday Boy 4
Sweet Caroline 4
Bills, Bills, Bills 3
Pressure 3
Blue Sunny Day 2
Chiron Beta Prime 2
Famous Blue Raincoat 2
When You Go 2
Baby Got Back 1
Dance, Soterios Johnson, Dance 1
Flickr 1
I Hate California 1
I'm a Mason Now 1
I'm Your Moon 1
Kenesaw Mountain Landis 1
Octopus 1
Over There 1

Comments

• Nice work, much appreciated. Is it just me or is there more variety in his setlist than there was a year ago? I consider this a good thing.
  • edited March 2009
    Definitely. I think that's partly because of Twitter, and partly just his new determination to shake things up a bit. Last year you could probably predict at least 15 songs he'd play at a show, but this year there are only a few you can rely on. The only "regular" that I'm sad to see on the outside is The Future Soon.... I liked his tradition of starting (almost) every show with that one...

Encubed, wasn't it you who did a stats post like this at some point last year? It would be interesting to compare....

ETA: Answering my own question, here is Encube's post from last June, with the same setlist statistics. Makes it easy to compare what's up and what's down.....
  • He had three general concert starters, I think. Ikea, Future Soon, or Shop Vac.
  • following are the known opening songs for 2009 in descending order by frequency, per the wiki:

Not About You - 4
    Big Bad World: One - 3
    Better - 1
    IKEA - 1
    Millionaire Girlfriend - 1
    Shop Vac - 1
  • Every show I saw (6) from March 07 to March 08 started with The Future Soon, and I loved that. Would almost bring a tear to my eye. I think it is a great song to open with, so I was surprised to see it last on JoCo Looks Back (good to end a cd with a strong song, though, too)!

I can see how it might get old to keep doing it, though.
  • I had a question and I wasn't sure which thread would be the best place to ask it... so I chose this one. Can anyone provide a list of songs that JoCo recorded but has never played live? Just curious...
  • Not to be snarky, but you might try the Never Performed Live thread. ;-)
  • Not to be snarky, but you might try the Never Performed Live thread. ;-)
    oh... hee. Who knew? (I guess everyone but me. Color me clueless)