Raise your hands, who wants to see JoCo do Big Dick Farts a Polka live.

edited February 2009 in JoCo Music
with the extended Fart remix section.

Comments

• Only if he does it in Pennsylvania.
  • what if he did a mashup with the Presidents. doesn't he always get hung up on Polkanyway?
  • He could map the different fart sounds to the Zendrum. Finally, another (fitting?) use for the Zendrum!
  • And if Paul & Storm did it with him.
  • edited February 2009
    I think it might lack a certain -- gravitas that Coulton has become known for. OK, I can't keep a straight face writing that.

Forget the song -- I just like the idea of a Zendrum fart solo, myself. Although if people really brought cans of glade I'd probably have to bail out of the building due to fragrance sensitivity.
    And if Paul & Storm did it with him.
    YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!
  • And if he actually did it in a Legion Hall?
    (I have no idea what they are, or if there are any criteria for being able to play at one, but still)
  • Meh. I'm perfectly happy to let this fade into Song Fu trivia.

And if Paul & Storm did it with him.

And if he actually did it in a Legion Hall?
    .... and only on a Tuesday night....
    That's about what I think about this one, myself.
  • And if he actually did it in a Legion Hall?
    (I have no idea what they are, or if there are any criteria for being able to play at one, but still)
    Here I found one that looks perfect! Plenty of room for dancing! Someone call them and see if we can book JoCo there next Tuesday....
  • Hate that song with a passion.
  • edited February 2009
    I'm in agreement with Covenant on this one, although I'd love to hear JoCo do Live :)

Live as in Paul and Storms entry in the Song Fu competition, not Live as in seeing JoCo in person >.>
  • Bring a can of Glade and have a ball.
  • Hate that song with a passion.
    But everybody loves when big dick farts a polka!
  • If Jinx were here, she'd tell you about how happy she finds this song -- that JoCo is just completely joyful. I'm not saying I don't hear it, I just don't care much for the song as a whole, joyful or not.
  • (Where *is* Jinx?)
  • (Where *is* Jinx?)
    Colleenky ate Jinx? <_<
  • hahahahahahahaha! :-D
  • It certainly is a very silly song and I wouldn't need to hear it more than, say, once a year. The production is impressive, though. And I can't really fault JoCo for it -- Paul and Storm were appropriately jealous at how well he nailed their style of humor!
  • While I don't much care for this song either (oh, why does it have to be such a catchy tune?), I still place it above, say, First of May. Meaning that at least I finished listening to it all the way through.
  • "They say that grown men cried the day that Big Dick passed *fart* away"
  • If I had to rate the gross funny songs, I would say that Paul and Storm's Nugget Man is better. The way they do it live is hilarious/horrible!
  • So for all you folks voting against JoCo doing it.... would you like to see Paul and Storm do it? Surely you'd agree it's right up their alley?
  • It's not my favourite song by a long stretch (I voted for Live) but I'd love to see Paul and Storm, or, at a pinch, JoCo performing it. And JoCo performing Live. And all the other Song Fu contestants doing their songs, at the same concert. It'd be a Song Fustival.
  • I certainly love when big dick farts a polka! So I'm all for a live rendition of the song. :-)
  • Wouldn't it be great if JoCo did finally decide to perform BDFAP live, and some mainstream media folks were in the audience, and he suddenly achieved "mainstream" fame as "the guy that does that fart song", and it was suddenly all over People magazine, and he became seduced by Hollywood, abandoning his existing fan base to live in LA and write jingles for toilet paper, and...

Okay, maybe it wouldn't be such a great idea.
  • He wouldn't need the Zendrum or even the PowerBook, he could do it on the iPhone with the many fart apps.
  • He wouldn't need the Zendrum or even the PowerBook, he could do it on the iPhone with the many fart apps.
    But can he play the guitar and iPhone at the same time!
  • Jinx wasn't at the Birchmere - no flying stuffed animals at all (although there was a highly impressive monkey-pony monster, the best I've seen, perhaps).
    Anyway, this seems worrisome.
  • This is what I meant when I said the Birchmere is the GAMH of the east - At no other venue would a lack of flying stuffed animals be seen as cause for concern.

(tell me that there were, at least, flying panties for Opening Band, though!)
  • Of course, Agent Lex! There were packaged panties, miniature panties with a dime inside, and panties with a Jaffa Cake inside. Later, my friend found a Jaffa Cake stuck to his shoe. But Storm ate the one that made it onstage.
  • panties with a Jaffa Cake inside
    Storm ate the one that made it onstage
    Awesome.
  • Speaaking of song fu, who wants joco to cover live?
  • I do - I strongly suggested in the comments of their blogs when the song came out, but I figured out now that PnS are proud of their baby and want to keep it. I suppose that at some show that PnS didn't open it might be okay for JoCo to do it...
    I'd also love to see PnS do Big Dick, and I don't think Jonathan would mind, but I don't see it happening.
  • Remember, folks, we have twitter request power now. If we keep requesting the same songs, eventually, we can wear them down. *evil laugh* (but first, request Creepy Doll with Neil Gaiman for St. Paul, if that show hasn't happened yet.)

Alternatively, promise crab rangoons, jaffa cakes and... what's JoCo's addiction?
  • World of Goo and Fantastic Contraption? :p
  • I've never liked that song.
  • Paul should star in The Rangoon Show
  • you know...i threw this thread out there one day when the forums were slow, it did the job I suppose but I'm really surprised at the mileage it's gotten.
  • its kinda grown arms and legs hasnt it !! ;')
  • Every time I see the thread title, I want to read it as "Who wants to see Big Dick fart a polka live". Subtle distinction, but it would imply a completely "organic" rendition. No iPhone, no Zendrum, just one man and his musical output.
  • edited February 2009
    They even have a word for it. (I was redirected to that from "professional farter" - yes really)

ETA an amusement from that article Mark linked:
    There is a musical based on his life called The Fartiste which was awarded Best Musical at the 2006 New York International Fringe Festival.
  • Slightly related... I am reading the autobiography of Marni Nixon, probably Hollywood's most high-profile ghost singer. She mentions a recording artist who was THE go-to guy for dubbing the whistling of famous people who lacked that talent. Dunno if farting would fall under Foley, or whether there is some unsung hero in the annals (cough) of film history.
  • Oh damn, if you can read this then it's time to replace the batteries in my lerking-device........

Runs away.
    This. Although I think it's a humorous song, it just doesn't really feel JoCo-y enough for my tastes.
  • edited June 2010
    Wow, looking back through this, amazed that this silly thread about that crazy song got 26 comments in one day, from at least fifteen different people. Sometimes I forget how active and fun this forum used to be!
  • edited June 2010
    Meh, JoCo singing it would be overrated. Paul, Storm, and Molly/Kristen though...

I also think that it is funny that I was the first to reply to this thread.