Favorite Song Tourney Matchup #21 DSJD vs. The Future Soon

2»

Comments

• The beeping is so late in the song that it doesn't bother me; it's no different than the EKG in "100 Degrees" by Shout Out Louds, just ane element of a song that might annoy someone who wasn't really listening to it. For me, thoguh, it's totally fine.
  • Voting now open. The Loser faces Shop-Vac in the second tier.
  • @three08: An EKG is something different. It's like a seismograph reading of your heartbeat. (I've had several.)
  • When the Mandelbrot Set eventually does TFS...
    Two words... Sopranino Recorder
  • i think the beeping only adds to the song and using the demo is cheating
  • Well...
    I don;t think this one accepted my vote.
    But it's okay, my choice is miles ahead!
    ;' )
  • hmm...wonder if I'll need to call skunk on this one too? DSJD fans speak up soon!
  • shruti and i appear to have voted already, so i'm not sure what else is going to happen here. :(
  • Just my opinion, but I wouldn't stop the voting. Let the people speak! DSJD is just a song, it has no feelings to hurt.... I hope Soterios Johnson himself doesn't find out though!
  • DSJD is just a song, it has no feelings to hurt.
    Just reminded me of this:

"Many of you feel bad for this lamp. That is because you crazy. It has no feelings. And the new one is much better."

Hee-hee! OK. Back to the topic at hand....
  • Hee-hee! OK. Back to the topic at hand....
    Technically, an Ikea commercial can never be "off-topic" on this forum.
  • Haven't watched the video yet (at work now, then school, then church), but the quote reminds me of...

"The enrichment center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak. In the event that the Weighted Companion Cube does speak, the enrichment center urges you to disregard its advice."
  • Technically, an Ikea commercial can never be "off-topic" on this forum.
    Point taken. :-)
  • Haven't watched the video yet (at work now, then school, then church), but the quote reminds me of...
    "The enrichment center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak. In the event that the Weighted Companion Cube does speak, the enrichment center urges you to disregard its advice."
    Just an aside... But did the writer of the dialogue for Portal get any awards? Cos they certainly should have!
  • edited February 2009
    They certainly won a We're Right Award (along with JoCo!)
    Edited to try to fix link, by doing nothing to it.
  • Lex your link has two too many slashes... <_<
  • Colleenky - thank you for putting that quote up. I have never seen that Ikea commercial before. It is EPIC.

Yay, I just voted for The Future Soon. It's winning by a land slide right now.
  • I am sorry that D,SJ,D has to loose this round, and am very sad because of it.

Despite this, I voted TFS because it's JoCo's song. Plain and simple.
  • I voted TFS because it's JoCo's song. Plain and simple.

...Sad as it may seem, this is what swayed me to vote for TFS.
  • Two words... Sopranino Recorder
    Wheeee! I don't have one, my fingers are too big to play it comfortably, so I guess I'll have to leave that bit to you :)
  • Ok. Skunk rule enforced. I am calling this one for The Future Soon. 29 to 6 over DSJD
    I don't want to stifle anyone's speech but it's just as a matter of expediency. Everyone is welcome to continue expressing their opinions in written form.
  • Lex your link has two too many slashes... <_< </blockquote>
    Uh... no it doesn't? It works fine for me as it is :/
  • It's working now. It wasn't working when I last clicked on it. Meh...
  • there's 4 / characters after the http: part instead of the usual 2. some browsers might parse that out - i know firefox tends to autocorrect for implied https and wwws - but ie7 on my work terminal doesn't seem to be doing so.
  • edited February 2009
    The source is as follows...
    We're Right Award
    So I dunno why it's going wrong :/
    ETA: That's the source according to editing the post. Looking at the actual page source, I see the extra slashes. Weird.
  • there's only one sensible conclusion. the board's vanilla software has achieved sentience and is attempting to destroy lex's "rep" or "street cred" as part of a sinister plan to sieze control of the boards and thus, eventually, the internet.
  • Damn you vani- [MESSAGE REDACTED]